Getting Started with Tableau: Fundamentals
This Tableau course is designed for beginners, who aspire to work with business intelligence unit of big corporations and international institutions. Don’t sweat it, if you are from non-technical background or don’t possess analytical skills – as this course does all the heavy lifting for you. It aids you understand how Tableau works using practical examples before moving on to the more advanced topics. The course is completely structured and systematic. It starts with the very basic overview and gradually increases the difficulty level for effective learning and covers visualizations of varying complexities. This course not only allows data enthusiasts to speedily gain confidence in understanding and applying their visual-creation knowledge. But also allows them to quickly create and share interesting dashboards to bring worthful insights from the complex datasets.
Fast pace your career with Tableau: For the eighth consecutive year, the Gartner’s magic quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence platforms has positioned Tableau as a Leader. “In a time of incredible growth, market evolution, and increased customer expectations, Tableau has scaled to meet the needs of the data-driven enterprise with customer-focused innovation and platform expansion.” Enterprises are deploying Tableau faster than ever to solve their business problems and gain valuable business insights.
Gone are the days, when majority of the management decisions were based on intuition which no doubt became the reason for many great business ideas to fail at many occasions. The nightmare has vanished with the ability of Tableau to process big datasets and present the reality. With increasing interest for data visualization given the collection of high-quality data, businesses are looking to create effective dashboards that engages as well as communicate the reality. It makes data available to everyone with its ability of sharing enterprise dashboards across the business. Tableau has always focused on better end-user experience and designed easy to use toolkit that lets you simply and effectively create high-quality data visualizations, dashboards and storyboards.
Who knew that a simple heat map would help Uber find solution for peak-hour ride optimization? There are endless examples that proves what Tableau is all about. Tableau has become one of the most sought-after tools for business intelligence in almost every industry. In other words, it is the gold standard of business intelligence and visual analytics. It has the power to deal with big datasets. It enables fast data visualization and interpretation with quick tables, graphs and dashboards. It has a very distinct feature of storytelling that lets any data enthusiast to put forth ideas and explain them in a very sophisticated manner. In short, it helps solve day-to-day monitoring issues faced by big corporation and provide better analytical solutions for long-term growth and sustainability.
What you will learn
- Learn to work with various Tableau components
- Connect to various data sources to bring all your data together
- Learn to check data quality and consistency
- Learn to profile data to better understand its design, content and structure
- Learn to work with the shape of data that Tableau recognizes
- Learn to combine data to bring more fields and rows
- Learn to rename field, change data type, split, union, blend etc.
- Learn to create different types of charts and graphs that explain complexity with clarity
- Learn to create maps using different shape files
- Learn to perform basic calculations in Tableau
- Understand different visualization techniques and dashboard designs
- Create filters and actions to allow interactivity in Tableau dashboards
- Learn to create a PowerPoint-like presentation in Tableau
- Publish and embed Tableau visualizations and dashboards in blogs and websites
Who this course is for?
- Whether you are a student or a working professional who aspire to become data analyst and solve pressing business problems, and you have a story to tell but don’t know how to back your story with data?
- If you have never worked with Tableau before and have no prior experience in designing interactive dashboards.
- Anyone who wants to understand data and make the most out of it.
For complete course description, prerequisites and terms & conditions, click here